As I told the this article, I have gone for thought regarding. a creative process with LEGO Mindstorms EV3.
The premise is as follows:
A gradient, I generally leave the programming being outside art part but, I will support digital creation processes, and encourage children's natural ability to fall in love with robots.
It becomes art, design and social skills in the first place.
To begin with, I built a standard EV3 basic model.
It was equipped with a lifting arm, an ultrasonic sensor and a gyroscope.
Based on the form, I started with folding rule, and the measured length, width, and depth, and height.
The objectives reflected not the robot's size, but its 'must'.
I chose to focus on the areas of robot, are not moveable, and that seemed easiest to 'encapsulate’
With these measurements went I started to create a cubic form, which had the same goal.
For this I used Tinkercad, a free program from Autocad, which can be used on all platforms.
The cool thing is Tinkercad, the program makes it relatively simple to work with the correct target. An essential feature, when you create a design, who also works in the physical world.
At the same time it can be exported to file formats, as 3D printers can understand.
I review Tinkercad deeper in a later course.
Now could the 3D process be over, for with such a basic shape can easily continue working in the physical space.
Print formen, or create the wood / clay, cardboard after the blueprint has been made in Tinkercad.
With this basic form, it is only up to your imagination to create EV3'erens new look.
As long as the base is kept free, access to buttons and screen, and a hole is made for 'eyes’ (the ultrasonic sensor), can all be created.
One does not even the robot itself in the first instance. It is only with the go ahead papmaché, read, LEGO bricks or whatever you want.
Straight and simple.
But, I would make a must in 3D.
Starting from the cubic form, I began to think of shaping.
The idea is the, to create a 'must’ which can be taken off and put on by well-being.
At the same time it must not obstruct the functionalities, such as buttons and screen as well as the ultrasonic sensor beams.
With that in mind, I started with the design.
My first thought was a turtle.
In addition to the comic in making a quick robot into a turtle, it was also the recognizable form, and shield which appealed.
It did, however, I ignored during the design process, since I could not create the face I would.
It's not easy being pernitten!
Instead it became a pig.
Follow the next section to read about the thought process I did, and how I achieved the desired result.